The Ramblers Pack
Two limited edition rucksacks, designed for exploring the paths, trails, hills and coast of The Great British Outdoors.
Inspired by the original modern mountaineering rucksacks of the late 1940s, made by the soldiers who took up mountaineering after returning from the war. Mountaineering was a relatively new hobby, and so they couldn't easily find helpful kit, so they borrowed their wives sewing machines and made it themselves.
These two packs are a tribute to these resourceful, 'make do and mend' makers.
Materials and features:
- Main body: Canvas British Army surplus kit bag
- Protective base: Salvaged leather off cuts from a classic car upholsterers
- Hardware: Re-appropriated disused climbing harness buckles
- Webbing: Nylon
- Support: Pre-consumer waste EVA foam
- Straps: Re-appropriated disused climbing harness webbing
- Pull closure: Re-appropriated dissused climbing rope
- Adjustable double strap closure
- Draw cord closure
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- 3d lid pocket
- Two side pockets
- Reinforced base